Friday, December 12, 2008

Toilet Paper Kills Pandas

Soo while working a horrifically boring data entry position at Cornell, I happened to stumble upon an odd announcement in the ladies bathroom. Unfortunately, I was not able to snap a picture in time before the poster was removed, but I thought the content was so hilarious that I had to share.

A Cornell organization known as "CARE" which stands for "Center for Animal Resources and Education" had supposedly made the following announcement:

According to recent research published in the Journal of Environmental Studies, the consumption of American toilet paper leads to the deaths of 7-8 pandas in China every year. If enough concern is raised on campus, there will be a petition circulated to remove all toilet paper from all Cornell Facilities. Please write your comments in the space below:



In the "space below" were comments such as: "Are you fucking crazy?!" and "Who cares?". These were written using the pencil hanging from a string, taped to the poster. I thought of writing: "Fuck the pandas, I'd rather wipe!" or the nerdier phrase "Correlation does not equal causation!" but never got around to it. When I saw it the next day, the poster had been removed and upon the string with the pencil was a roll of toilet paper.

I love subtlety in humor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No! It's true!.

Annie Bunny said...

Yes. It seems that Charmin has changed its "softness" formula quite a bit. It's not that "Global Climate Change" or the US Carbon Debt. We are LITERALLY killing pandas for toilet paper.